Thursday, June 21, 2007

My favorite weekend is almost here...

This coming weekend, actually starting tonight, is one of my favorites all year. I live near a small town called Hoagland, IN and this weekend is Hoagland Days. They have the best food tent ever! All the local high school sporting teams, some local churches, and others all have stations set up with different types of food. Its way better than the carnival food you normally see at festivals. My favorite is from the band boosters. They make taco salads and lemon shake ups. For both, its under $5. You cant beat it. I eat one for supper Thurs, Fri and Saturday night. I wait all year for them and its all I have talked about this week. :) I asked my son what was for supper tonight and he said "Pizza Hut." That's because he will get pizza from the cheerleaders. :) But he knows what mom is having. :) I love this festival so much that if TAC's seminar would have fallen on this weekend, like it did last year, I would have stayed home. I wont miss this festival. :) I am making it sound likes there is only food there, but there are lots of activities. We have rides for the kids, games, a merchant tent, demolition derbies, volleyball and basketball tournaments, a parade, and so much more. All kinds of fun!

This card I made was for a sketch challenge. I used TAC's Rustic Chic paper and SU's chocolate chip cardstock. Stamps are from TAC. And then the prima flowers and brads.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: